Monday, July 5, 2010

NEWS FLASH

I just got hot water again, after two weeks of washing myself out of a bucket of heated water. Урааа!

See, this is how it goes in St. Petersburg: every summer they shut off the hot water to clean the pipes. Which means, I had only cold water to wash myself during my showers. Either that, or I could heat up a bucket of water on the stove and pour it over me with a pot. Since my хозяйка comes home late (10 or later) I figured I could make do with just taking cold showers. False. This cold is not your average cold. It's absolutely freezing. And I think it is the main reason why I'm currently sick.

Needless to say, I quickly switched to the boil-water-and-pour-out-of-pan method.

But no longer! Hot water, here I come!

Пока!

--Н.И--

No comments:

Post a Comment